Our Rescue is comprised of all foster homes who are willing and able to provide a safe and nurturing environment for each rescue animal.
If you are interested in fostering, we need you to ask yourself a few questions first:
- Are you able to provide a safe, secure and loving environment for a dog or cat in need of a place to stay?
- It's difficult to let go once you have become emotionally attached to the animals! Are you prepared for tears and heartache when the your foster dog or cat is adopted?
- Can you trust FODR staff to decide what is the best for the animal?
- Are you comfortable explaining to visitors that these animals are not yours to adopt out and they must go through the regular adoption process at FODR?
- Compassionate nature
- Cooperation of family and/or roommates
- Some knowledge of animal behavior
- Must not be fostering for any organization other than Field of Dreams